Your Ad Here

Sac City, Iowa lost nearly 10% of it's population this decade...and other (not so) fun facts

I was doing research last night, and was reminded of this website and thought I'd share.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Sac-City-Iowa.html

There are not tons of surprises in this report. I didn't expect the population to be in such steep decline, and I was kind of taken aback by making 2 of the "Top 101" lists you kind of want to stay off of.

The populating is getting older, so median income has gone up, no surprise. In addition, because the population is aging, the number of women are starting pull ahead of to outpace the number of men. I guess this is the place to be if you are having a hard time getting a date and dig mature widows.

The estimated number of people in poverty has gone way way down from the Horizon's rough claim of 50ish% three years ago. I guess one sure way to decrease poverty is to live in a community with very few substantial jobs so that the poor people are forced to move somewhere else. ;)

Interesting reading, for a listing of data.














Copyright (c)2007-2010 Curtis Bloes
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment