Your Ad Here

How high will Sac City's taxes get?

Given the loyalties of the people running unopposed for Sac City Council this year, I'm going to predict that the City of Sac City will hit it's bonding capacity within 4 years just to get rid of a couple of buildings and plant some trees in the middle of what used to be Highway 20.

I really hope as Gary Hansen, Bill Brenny and Teresa Bruening rubber stamp those 5 and 6 figure projects recommended by their 33 friends who are too afraid to let the public watch them in action over the next 4 years, they keep in mind that they also have a responsibility to the other 2187 people that do not attend those "public" meetings at which these decisions are made.

There is no choice on the ballot this year, these three people will be elected, so I'm going to use my vote to send these three people the message that I don't want them to be a rubber stamp yes vote for every project and all spending recommended by their personal friends. I'm going to choose to send Gary, Bill, and Teresa a message by leaving my ballot blank and not voting for any of them.

My ballot is only one ballot, but it will be a ballot on which none of their names will be checked. It will be a ballot that is cast against the raise in our taxes that I believe these three will ultimately vote in.

Curtis Bloes

Read more stories about the 2011 Sac City Election...
How high will Sac City's Taxes Get?
Who is running for Sac City Council
Sac City Council Affidavits of Candidacy



By leaving a comment you acknowledge that you have read and agree to TSN's
Terms of Use

2 comments:

  1. Not trying to sound negative, but what good will that do? I would think that running for one of those positions yourself or going out and cultivating valid opponents for these positions would be a more productive route. By posting a blank vote it is the same as no vote which amounts to absolutely nothing. Just my personal opinion but I would think that would be the way to go on this. I appreciate your personal opinion of the folks you have mentioned but empty votes accomplish nothing... Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't sound negative. To me you sound thoughtful and sincere. First of all, let me just say that I'm legally unable to run in opposition to one of these positions because I am running for Mayor, so as you can see... I've given this some thought.

    The reason I intend to turn in an empty vote is so that when those three council people who will likely be the people responsible for pushing our taxes back up above $20/1000 again look at the abstract of the vote, they will see that there is at least one person(me)who does not approve of the way that they always vote yes to spending more and more and more money without giving any thought to if it is money that is well spent.

    ReplyDelete