Your Ad Here

It turns out, Jim Johnston was kind of a scumbag in 2006 too

Somewhere lost amoung the stories was a comment that in it asked who the people are that signed a franchise agreement with Mediacom until 2021. I looked it up, and this is the answer to that question.

On October 23, 2006, Cary Conger introduced ordinance 2006-185 entitled: “An Ordinance Establishing a New Franchise Agreement with Mediacom”.

It was moved by Jim Johnston and seconded by Gary Hansen to approve the
first reading of said ordinance. Roll call was taken and vote was as follows:
Ayes: Roger Jensen, Jerry Volkert, Cary Conger, Gary Hansen, Jim Johnston.
Nays: None.

And then because that's the kind of stand up guy he is, Jim Johnston made a motion to waive the second and third readings of that ordinace so that the public wouldn't have a chance to hear about it and then object at a future meeting. Gary Hansen seconded this motion.

Nice.

At least in 2009 when he was a scumbag for merely not showing up for meetings, it saved taxpayers $25.00 a pop. Actually, given his voting history, maybe it was a good thing that he attended so infrequently...

According to the City's website, Jim Johnston's number is (712) 662-4840 if you would like to thank him personally.




Copyright (c)2007-2009 Curtis Bloes
All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. Curt - I love your posts...they just make me laugh! (and make me glad I am not in Sac anymore)

    ***This comment is from facebook. If you want to find out who it was that left the comment, you have to join facebook and friend me at http://facebook.com/thesacnews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all know who the real scumbag is here.... His Name is CURTIS BLOES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I say that I think Sac City Councilman Jim Johnston is a scumbag, (and make no mistake, I think that anyone who would do what he did is very much a scumbag politician of the lowest order) I tell you why, and I put my name on it.

    Thanks for bumping the story up and keeping it out front so new readers have a cchance to read about Sac City's most irresponsible City Councilman.)

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fair and balanced news is most welcome to read and appreciated when delivered.
    A all around view of what our council and city leaders are doing is needed and necessary. They work for us the people! I hope each and every person in such a leadership position, keeps this fact in mind at all times

    ReplyDelete