Your Ad Here

Viewer watches fawn die on cemetery fence


The following was left on TSN's FaceBook wall. Due to privacy concerns you will have to friend TheSacNews.com at FaceBook to see who left it.

About the fence at the cemetary....anyone who had a fit about the fence needing to be put back up needs to experience what I just did. As I was driving to town I saw a doe jump the fence. When her fawn tried to jump it, he became impaled on one of the spikes. I stopped and lifted it off. Within minutes the fawn lay dead with it's mother waiting for it to get up. Whether or not you think there are too many deer, this is a crying shame! If the fence has to stay at least lower it or cut the spikes off. I know that there is a burial there today...I wonder what those attending would have thought of this "historical" fence had they witnessed what I did!

FaceBook Reader



Copyright (c)2007-2010 Curtis Bloes All Rights Reserved

6 comments:

  1. I agree there is nothing worse than seeing a mother deer lose her fawn. And the fence doesn't need to be that high with sharp ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the one who saw the fawn impaled on the fence.

    Bonnie Mueggenberg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Screw the damn fence, it looks just fine w/o it! Oh I know, it was "just an animal" that had to suffer, and who would care about the poor mother of the fawn, we just need to worry about how our town LOOKS so business will want to come to town after it goes to hell when the highway comes through!!! Ya, typical Sac City!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a fawn in there the other night and it was running toward the fence. I was so afraid it was going to try to jump it that I couldn't even look. That just makes me sick to my stomach. I am so for taking that thing down. Whoever wanted it up there should go take the fawn off from the fence and just maybe you will change your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The FENCE should never have been put back up...It is in horrible shape and dangerous, I don't care what historical value certain individuals feel it has! The stone pillars need to be fixed or taken down also they look like crap the way they are now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have contacted two council members and the city administrator. It sounds to me that there is a SMALL group of people insisting that it goes up, and that nobody has come forward asking for it to be taken down. It sounds like a silly battle to fight when our city has other issues, but this is an example of the squeaky wheel gets oiled first. I would really like Not to be the ONLY one at the meeting but I understand people are busy. I would gladly read any letters written in favor of taking it down. I only wish that I would've been in the right frame of mind to take a picture of the fawn to show how inhumane that thing is!

    Bonnie Mueggenberg

    ReplyDelete