Your Ad Here

Instructional Support (Program)?

I find it to be intellectually dishonest on the part of the people that are promoting the Instructional Support Levy to drop the word "levy" and replace it with the word "program". I think that it deliberately clouds the reality that it is a tax and it leads me to conclude that they are trying to trick people into voting for it.

I'm not hostile to, or even against the implementation of a tax to support our school. Indeed, I applaud the school for both having the foresight to start this process now and for letting the voters decide. That said, I think that replacing this word is insulting to our intelligence and I think it speaks volumes about what those responsible for this change must think of the average voter.

Curtis Bloes,
Editor


By leaving a comment you acknowledge that you have read and agree to TSN's
Terms of Use

No comments:

Post a Comment